The Tweed Heads South Centre offers a wide range of accessibility features to cater for everyone in the community.
- Registered care givers are not charged entry fees.
- Concession entry and membership is available.
Location and physical access
- Nearby accessible parking.
- Slight incline and ramp to pathway.
- Automatic door entry.
- Designated change room with shower, toilet, change chair and hand basin.
- 25 m indoor 6 lane pool:
- heated to 28 degrees Celsius
- mobility hoist available on request
- stairs with handrails are positioned for easy access to shallow end
- entry and exit climb-outs provided at both ends.
The mobility lifts at TRAC centres are available on request.
They are simple to operate, safe and dignified for the occupant. The lift features a contoured seat which travels vertically in and out of the pool and is fully operated by the occupant.
It is advised that you contact the centre before arriving to allow time to set the unit in place. You are welcome to arrange to see the lift in operation before use.
Staff can provide some assistance in the operation of the mobility lift. It is expected that if your disability requires a care person they should accompany you to assist.
Lift capacity 250 kg. For more information about the mobility lifts visit greenhousehealth.com.au.