The Kingscliff Centre offers a wide range of accessibility features.
- Registered care givers are not charged entry fees.
- Concession entry and membership are available.
Location and physical access
- Nearby accessible parking.
- Small ramp access and pathway from car park level to pool entrance.
- Continuous concrete pathway to reception, change room and pool.
- One designated change room with shower, toilet and hand basin. There is also a change bed for use in the change area.
- 25 m outdoor heated 6 lane pool (read more about this pool below)
- heated to 28 degrees Celsius
- mobility hoist available on request
- stairs with handrails available on request to enter shallow end
- entry and exit climb outs provided at both ends.
The mobility lifts at TRAC centres are available on request.
They are simple to operate, safe and dignified for the occupant. The lift features a contoured seat which travels vertically in and out of the pool and is fully operated by the occupant.
It is advised that you contact the centre before arriving to allow time to set the unit in place. You are welcome to arrange to see the lift in operation before use.
Staff can provide some assistance in the operation of the mobility lift. It is expected that if your disability requires a care person they should accompany you to assist.
Lift capacity 250 kg. For more information about the mobility lifts visit greenhousehealth.com.au.